Monday 22 June 2009

Degree Show Exhibition


This week is the last week that our degree show exhibition is on view at North Wales School of Art & Design until the 26th June.

I was very lucky (or not!) to be given two spaces for my degree show one was a lovely contained project space where I had already tried out some of my work earlier on in the year. I have been exploring the idea of memory in my work throughout my degree and especially memories of places that I have visited. This project space was ideal for my work revolving around the theme of Venice:






The second allocated area was my own studio space which I already felt comfortable with. I decided to contrast the mainly printed media in the other space with paintings that are based upon reflections I discovered in Birmingham City Centre:




I really enjoyed making these paintings which were oil and acrylic on board. Although they are 2D they appear quite textured and almost like slate. Making these has afforded me lots of new techniques and ideas and I am looking forward to trying these out.

No comments: