Friday 7 January 2011

20:20 Print Exchange - Receiving Prints


I have been posting about the 20:20 Print Exchange that was organised by Hot Bed Press Printmakers of Manchester. I took part in this exchange with ten others from Birmingham Printmakers and last month was very exciting as we all received our prints.

The idea was that each of us produced twenty four prints and every participant would receive back twenty randomly selected prints from all the other printmaking studios that were taking part. Above you can see some of the prints that I received they are by (from left to right): Fred Jones; Anya Scannell and Jill Randall.

The Printmaking studios that took part were:

Birmingham Printmakers
Black Church Print Studio, Dublin
Cork Printmakers
Dundee Print Studio
Hotbed Press, Manchester
Leinster Print Studio
Red Hot Press, Southampton
Seacourt Print Workshop, Bangor
West Yorkshire Print Workshop

All the prints can be viewed at this Flickr site here.

Further prints shown below that I received are by: Deidre Stanley; Ruth Barrett-Davies and Martin Kochany:




The Print Exchange was very well organised and everyone received prints packaged in this screenprinted box:




This has to be one of my favourite prints by Sylvia Taylor of Cork Printmakers. It is very intriguing and leaves me wondering how it was made as it appears to be printed onto black transparent paper and the design can be viewed from the reverse side:




5 comments:

Mangle Prints said...

How exciting to be part of this project Jacqui. Some really beautiful prints here x

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you Amanda - it really was a great project and I am looking forward to taking part in it again this year.

Serena said...

Oh my gosh! I love print exchanges! I've entered two so far this year. I'm looking for more. I can't wait to see all the interesting things I get back! Thank you for sharing these!

Aine Scannell said...

Hi Jacqi

how nice to see my print there amongst your 2011 print exchange. YES I love Sylvia's work too. I am delighted that she has agreed to participate in a collaborative project taking place this year. I also participated in 20:20 this year - DID YOU ??

Jacqui Dodds said...

Hi Aine
Thank you for leaving a comment. Please keep me posted on your collaborative project - this sounds great.
Yes I did take part in the 20:20 my third year running.
Jacqui