Saturday 24 March 2012

Brain Coral Prints



Earlier in the year I learnt that I had been selected for the new Contemporary Artists Professional Development Programme for Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery. I am one of eight artists that will receive professional mentoring as well as helping to deliver the art programme for the new Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery which is being redeveloped into an exciting new building as I write.


As part of the selection process we were asked to respond with our artwork to one of three chosen objects from the museum which is based at the moment in Rowley's House. The object that I chose to work with was a brain coral from the museum collection and here are some photos of the initial prints I started to work with. These include screenprints, lino prints and blind embossing:









After I had completed some of the prints I decided to make one of my concertina books similar to the ones that are made in my workshops:









6 comments:

Elizabeth Banfield said...

Congratulation Jacqui, this looks like an amazing programme. I look forward to reading more about it.

Gail Brodholt said...

Absolutely - really love to hear more about your experiences at the museum as you go along, Jacqui.

kristina said...

Congratulations on being selected for the programme! And such beautiful work. K x

Green Martha said...

Congratulations on the programm ! I love seeing creation emerge from inspiration and how people transform one object into a creative source for their work, thanks for sharing.

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you Elizabeth,Gail, Kristina and Marion for your kind comments - I will keep you posted.

unifiedspace said...

That sounds like a fantastic opportunity, congratulations. I really like your brain coral work, it reminds me a a Greek maze.