Monday 14 January 2013

Introduction to reduction lino printing workshop





Before Christmas I held a lino print workshop to teach introduction to reduction lino cutting at a local school along with my friend artist Christine Bradshaw. Reduction lino is when one block is cut and used to print one colour and then cut away again to print another. This is repeated again and again until all the colours have been printed for your required design.  In this workshop we simplified the method and limited to printing two or three colours.
Above you can see the results of the participants prints and if you would like to have a go I have added these workshops to the ones I am already doing at Birmingham Printmakers, see my workshop page for more details























2 comments:

Acornmoon said...

That looks very brave! The results are very interesting and pleasing. It looks like a great workshop too.

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you Valerie. Yes they did look good, I always like to see the different ideas that workshop participants have and they always surprise me in a lovely way.
Jacqui