Thursday 14 May 2009

'Reflecting Winter and Spring'

This screenprint onto aluminium was inspired again by a little waterfall in the village of Llanarmon DC. It is exhibited in an outside exhibition at the village until 25th May. Last year I exhibited a similar piece, however this year the work fits into the theme of the exhibition which is 'Time & Place'. Earlier in the year the small waterfall was frozen and the icicles hanging from the rocks in amongst the beautiful green moss were really inspiring:

I really enjoyed making this work (taking my mind off the stress for our final degree show at university!) I felt that the colours and line worked really well so next it will be printed onto paper so that I can have a print of it on the wall at home. As the icicles are printed in white I cannot print it onto white paper so will have to choose another colour; what do you suggest?




No comments: