Friday 18 June 2010

Print Workshops 1


For the last six months I have been involved in a training programme called Radiate which provides professional development for artists across the West Midlands. This has been a great opportunity for me to develop my workshop teaching skills particularly in schools. We reached the stage a couple of months ago where we actually have been going into secondary schools to introduce a project to the students of the school that we have been placed with.
As part of this I have been developing a project along with my colleague Claire for the students to take part in that is based on my own art work which uses the ideas of sense of place.

I decided that part of the work for the students would involve lino printing and I wanted to practice on a lino-cut of my own so I took the above image of a window and balcony in Venice and firstly drew the design on the lino and then started to cut out the design with my lino cutters:




This is the finished lino cut that I will use to demonstrate the techniques to the students:

2 comments:

Acornmoon said...

I hope that you show more of your lino print, I love to see work in progress and yours looks so interesting.

Jacqui Dodds said...

Hi Valerie
Thank you for your kind comment. Yes I will be posting some more of this lino cut and also some of the students' lino cuts and prints that I have been working with.
The tools in the photo are the ones that I thought were similar to yours.