Thursday 28 August 2014

neo:printprize 2014



Earlier in the month I visited North Yorkshire for my holiday and had a great week with wonderful friends. Whilst staying there I drove to the neo:gallery in Bolton to deliver my 'Brain Coral, detail' blind embossing print which had made it through to the second round of the neo:printprize 2014. At the time it seemed a long way to go and almost madness that I was doing this while on holiday.

The judges for the exhibition are:

Gordon Cheung (Artist, Printmaker) 
David Cleaton-Roberts (Co-Director Alan Cristea Gallery) 
Paul Coldwell (Artist & Professor in Fine Art, University of the Arts London) 
Eileen Cooper RA (Painter, Printmaker, Keeper of the Royal Academy)


A week later I received an email to say that my print had been selected for the exhibition and therefore shortlisted for the prize. The exhibition opens today and continues until the 2nd November with the preview this Saturday 30th August





6 comments:

Olga Norris said...

Congratulations! What a jury too! I do love your blind embossings - and your bookmark along with Elizabeth Banfield's are the two I really treasure.

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you Olga - yes fantastic jury. which has meant a very well curated exhibition.
I have been to the preview today and taken lots of photos so will post those soon.
Thank you I'm very pleased that you treasure my bookmark - that reminds me I must do a short blog post about the Book marks.
Jacqui

Elizabeth Banfield said...

Congratulations Jacqui. Good luck, I wish I could see the show, it sounds amazing. And I'm very happy to have your bookmark too!

jac said...

I saw the show on Friday. I really liked your piece. Subtle and quiet

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you Elizabeth it's a great exhibition and I feel very privileged to be part of it.

Glad that you have received my bookmark and I am really happy to have your lovely bookmark too.

Jacqui

Jacqui Dodds said...

Hi Jac
Really pleased that you have visited the exhibition and that you like my work, it's a very well curated exhibition.
Jacqui